Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Tour of our Home

Today, is one of my favorite blogging days of all. I love touring homes, and Christmas tours are the best. I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner to show our Christmas decorations for this year. 



I wanted to go with a country theme this year. However, my tree doesn't represent that. I fell in love with all of the burlap and plaid, but didn't want to replace my tree decor this year because I just bought it last year. I love all things country. Love the outdoors, the decor, the simple country cooking, farming, and teaching my boys all about it as well. 

Fell in love with this rustic and plaid paper!


Our fireplace was built by my handy husband. He also killed the buck that these antlers came from. Another new obsession I have this year. Decorating with pine cones, antlers, buckeyes, anything you can find in nature.



I made my boys new stockings from burlap material I had on hand and painted their initials. 




I love this Christmas quilt made by my mom. Maybe I will get some "down" time in a few years of raising small boys and may start one for the boy's future family home. Karson also has one on his bed made by her!


Santa pictures are also out for pretty! 




A few Christmas things hanging around in our kitchen. LOVE Pioneer Woman!


A few days ago, the boys and I cut down an evergreen/pin cone tree to decorate with. They had a blast each taking turns with the saw (supervised of course) and I love the fresh smell. It's awesome what you can find in your own backyard!





A few things on our front porch. I changed all of our wreath bows from red to burlap ones this year. Truth be told, my husband made them. As well as this little white sled. He's so handy!!





Hope you enjoyed our Christmas Home Tour!



3 comments:

Karen said...

Your home is always so beautiful and it is just glowing at Christmas! I love the mantel you nailed it, looks perfect country rustic woodsy and inviting

Penny (A Penny For Your Thoughts) said...

Your home is beautiful. We have a similar style but have not had time to get our decorating done yet. Have a Merry Christmas.

Kelley said...

Everything is BEAUTIFUL! My favorite is the mantel with the antlers. Love your style.