Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Celebrating the 100th Day of School

The 100th day of School came fast this year because of an early school year (August 5th), and no snowy days. The big day was on Tuesday: January 20th, 2015.
 
The weekend before, Karson and I began on his 100th day of school project. Each child was to bring a poster that had 100 objects on it. It was very fun to do with my own child :)
 
 
He LOVES his teacher this year. He wanted to do something about fishing at first, but changed his mind when he saw all of the Valentine's materials at Hobby Lobby. He wanted to do hearts for his teacher. Kevin said that wasn't very "boyish", but that is what Karson had in his heart.
 
It turned out pretty cute!
 
I have bragged on Karson, and I won't spare you it all but he has SOARED through Kindergarten. Not a single complaint, or bad day has come his way. This has been a HUGE difference from preschool. He had a hard time with separating from mom and brother most days. I would cry and pray to God that he would change. God didn't want to change Karson until he was ready. He did change, in his time. With God's help, he changed and realized Mom will never forget him and will always come back to pick him up.

 
Karson made a 100 hat at school. He is always so nice to share with little brother. I really pray for Kipton for next year. He will be going to Kindergarten, and boy do I pray. Hard and clear for God to hear my prayer.

Karson at school with his poster. 

I actually missed the 100th day of school at the school I am teaching at. My whole family had the stomach bug 2 days prior and my turn fell on the 100th day. I was so bummed to miss it, but when I returned I got some pictures of the kiddos with their posters. 

Here is one. 

In my class we have been working on addition and this was a fun activity. Counting with marshmallows on hot cocoa cups. They really enjoyed it! My students have come a long way since August! I am so proud of them. 



Hope your 100th day was special and your schooling is going well. Whether it's in public school, or homeschool it's all in the best for the kids. 

1 comment:

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

Congrats on the 100th school day.
Looks like a day of fun!!