Saturday, December 13, 2014

2014 Christmas Decorations

There is something about peeking into other homes, and learning their style and about them. One of my favorite parts of blogging are the many different tour of homes. 

My style of decorating is country. However, it didn't used to be so I have been switching slowly. As you can see my tree is still "fancy" as my husband would say. I would love for it to be all burlap and rustic. I always say that I'm going to hit up the after Christmas sales and get a new theme, but after Christmas I'm so done I want it packed and put away.



The deco mesh was a fun trend. This year I used my star and some picks to give it more height.


On our fireplace, I do have it rustic. I love using my husbands deer antlers to decorate with. I also picked up some pinecones from around our property to make it more full.


Last year I made both of my boys some stockings from burlap material. 




I have wreaths on all of the windows with burlap bows. 


I love the natural/rustic look. It just feels much more "homey".

I am ready for Christmas. We have spent less than we ever have, and worried more about showing our boys to be generous to the less fortunate families in our community.

I love it so much more. So much less stress. 

We are 5 school days away from a 17 day off Christmas break. 

My boys are ready to be home, and I am ready to be home.

I hope you enjoyed a little glimpse into our home in West Virginia. Its not a big home, but its perfect for us. We built it 4 years ago, so its built exactly for our family.

5 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I love the stocking you made for your boys! But even so, I have to say my favorite part of your tour isn't the decorations, but your house's front porch.

Just letting you know I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner!

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

Beautiful decorations..Lovely home.
Merry Christmas Stacy.

4sonsfarmhouse said...

Thank you both for visiting!

Debbie said...

I love the way you incorporate the antlers on your mantle. Very pretty! I am stopping over from Kelly's Korner. If you get a chance, stop by #36! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I love it all! So cozy and pretty!! Great job!