Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday's Favorites

Some of my favorite things from this past week:


1. We had one of the BEST Easter Days we've had as a family. We I got up super early around 6am to be ready for the early service where I had to teach the 3-5 year old class, then we attended the later service. We had an amazing service at our church. It was truly amazing, breath taking, and made EVERY woman there cry. We came home to take some pictures in a field right by our house. After pictures, we had our family over for Easter dinner at our house and an egg hunt for the boys around the yard. Everyone had a great time and it was so fun. 




2. This week my weeping willow tree decided it should look good for Easter. I was almost ready to have Kevin dig it up and take it back to the greenhouse we bought it from. Thankfully, it's going to make the red clay we have for dirt around here. 


3. We've had some pretty awesome spring weather here in WV. The mornings are kinda cool, but by lunch we are ready to eat popsicles for an after lunch dessert :) Our grass is so green too...that's like my favorite thing in the whole wide world. My heaven will have bright green grass with no weeds :) 


4. We dyed Easter eggs on Easter Sunday, and it was ACTUALLY fun this year :) I say that because it seems like the fun and exciting thing to do with kids, but let's be honest it's not. They are impatient, and don't keep them in long enough to even look nice. Then I am deciding what to do with them. Do most of you eat them?? I never know what to do. This year they loved it and really didn't want to stop dying them. It's a good thing we have chickens around here!


A pretty proud fellow who really enjoyed letting them sit :)


5. Even though the boys liked their Easter bunny surprises, they weren't all about it which makes me happy. Easter seems to be so blown up in our society. People are posting pictures of their Easter baskets that looks more like Christmas morning to be in competition with another family. I despise Facebook more and more. My boys got a pair of pajamas and some egg gum. That's it! They loved it. 


I am so thankful that we have a Savior that rose from the dead. How amazing that story is! 



No comments: