Friday, December 6, 2013

I'm not a natural chef


Ok, cooking is not my thing! I am a cleaner and decorator, but not a cooker. I do it of course to keep my family alive and healthy, but it's not something I enjoy. After much research and thinking, I have put certain foods in the trash as cause of two hyper kids. I have noticed quite a change depending on what they eat. So in an effort to help change thing around here, I am working harder at being a "cook" and a healthy|homemade one at that. 

I really like The Pioneer Woman and happened to catch her Christmas special show this morning. (I didn't even know she had a show) :)


I loved it!! We are both trying to feed boys, big harty husbands, and live in the country. Kevin also recently bought me her Holiday book. I can't wait to start whipping up some recipes from it. 


Since I have one good eater (Karson) and one picky eater (Kipton) I thought about making chicken quesadillas because Kipton loves chicken so much. We have thrown out all processed foods and I'm even trying to eat gluten free as much as possible. 

So I browned my chicken in a skillet and added some fajita seasoning, salt and pepper. 


I also had shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream ready and on hand. 



The boys and I had to make a quick trip to Target today so we picked up a quesadilla maker for only $19.99 so that was super awesome!! 





I took a flour tortilla and layed it in the maker then sprinkled cheese, then added chicken, then another tortilla on top. I smashed the lid down for about 5 minutes in order for all of the shredded cheese to melt. I cut the quesadilla into 4 triangle pieces with a pizza cutter. Just great size for the boys to handle. They loved them. Kipton ate 4!!!!!! Hallelujah!!

In other news, I cut my hair.....myself! I got bored one evening last week after the boys went to bed so I thought I would give myself a trim and well it kept getting shorter. It's really a good thing because I have such thick hair and when it's short I always fix it. 


We also cheered on our Marshall Herd today in the conference USA Championship but unfortunately we lost. We are now headed to the Military Bowl.

Hope your weekend is going great!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love the hair and PW! She is a go to for me too.