Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


We had a great Thanksgiving this year. Lots of work, but so worth it!

We had my and Kevin's family at our house. The boys and I began decorating for Christmas three days before after much asking and asking, I caved! We were home anyway, and it was snowing and it just seemed right. I know I said I was waiting, but how can you say no to a 4 and 3 year old when they have that Christmas magic in their eyes. 

Kevin did most of our cooking. He's wonderful like that :)

The night before prepping of the turkey :) Of course he made lots of jokes and was dancing around with it in the kitchen. It's always like that with Kevin. 


The next morning I had 3 of my favorite helpers in the kitchen. 




Karson was very interested in the turkey this year. We had it thawing out in the refrigerator three days prior to Thanksgiving, and everyone that came over he had to open the fridge and show them that we had a turkey in there. He asked me about 100 times who killed it :) I hope one day son, we will be eating the one that you killed. I hope he is always interested in hunting.

.

While the boys cooked, I finished decorating and setting up for family.


We don't have a formal dining room so it somewhat make it's hard to have large family functions at our house, but we made it work. 


So thankful for these three boys. BEYOND thankful.



Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had our first snow this week. Can't wait to show you some pictures of our country snow.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving! It cracked me up when you said Karson was asking who killed the Turkey. I got that same question! Our boys are so much a like :) Happy Thanksgiving!!