Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Our week on the Homestead

Our garden is growing like crazy! We have gotten lots of rain here lately so our beans are growing tall. This is the first time for us to do green beans. 


Karson's brussel sprouts are doing good as well.


My little guy is helping around the homestead. Mowing grass for mommy. Hurt and all.


Kevin has been working over time helping in the house with me and helping get a lot of unfinished projects done outside. We are having a party in June that I'm getting ready for. 


I haven't written much about each individual boy for a while and I will do that soon. Karson has an "invention" that he has created uo in the woods. Here he is with his invention. A good entertainment piece for him and good for me to get things done outside while he is building traps and inventions. 


All of our flowers and bushes are in full bloom. Our knock out roses are looking the best right now. If I can just keep the bugs off of them!


The weather has been in the high 80s here in West Virginia. I don't think I'm ready for that yet. I guess you could call me a "fair weather" farmer. I don't like getting out doing the chicken and duck work when it's blazing hott but I know they need fed and watered. As well as a lot of mowing and weed eating here. 

Have a great week!

No comments: