Sunday, May 5, 2013

Haircuts & Critters

I thought I would write about a few things so that I remember. I started cutting the boys hair when Karson turned 2. It was really getting expensive with each cut being $10.00 at the barber shop plus the drive there every 2 weeks. With three boys in our house that was $30.00 every 2 weeks and you can see why I learned to do it myself. This is a great way to save money if you have multiple boys in your home. 

Here are a few tips if you are going to start cutting boy hair! 


1. Cut it outside! I have a chair on the porch that I have them sit in. In the winter we cut it in my bathroom and they sit backwards on the toilet. It's just easier to clean up. 

2. Watch your barber a few times before or watch you tube videos. I watched the barber we went to and soon realized I could do it on my own.

3. Get a good set of cutters with different guards to go on it. You will need a No. 1, 2, 3, 4. 

4. Give your child something to play with. My boys like to play with the little trimmers and of course they were not turned on and they pretend they are cutting hair too. I also give them a sucker during the hair cut. 

5. Do different guards. Both of my boys have wavy hair and it's just not good hair to leave long. So they both have short haircuts. I use a No. 1 on the back and sides, and then have the No. 2 guard on it for the too. Then when you get towards the front I use scissors to cut their "bangs". I normally leave longer "bangs" because I like to use gel on them and spike them up. 

6. If you are nervous ask questions! Ask your barber what settings/guards they are using the time before you start doing it. 

Kevin was next to get his hair cut and he let Karson do a little swipe. 

*Of course do not try this at home if you think your child would do harm!*

Hoe you can save money by cutting your boy(s) hair at home. It is a lot easier to give the haircut every 2 weeks whether they need it or not. When it gets really long it's harder. I like to keep them trimmed up so I normally do it every 2-3 weeks. 

I'll leave you with some pictures of our boys after catching some critters in the country. 

We now have 4 frogs and 1 lizard in a little cage on our porch. O boys are so fun!






No comments: