Sunday, December 9, 2012

Date Night & Ornaments

Kevin had his annual Christmas party on Friday night for the guys on his shift at work.
This year I planned the event and we had almost everyone come that had RSVP. We had a great time at the restaurant and ate way too much! The boys went to Nana & Papaw's and had a great time as always. They always come home with some kind of special surprise. Spoiled rotten!!
 
 
I had to get a picture of my handsome husband! He is never dressed up because he is normally in his work clothes and I love to see him dressed up :)
 
 
This weekend we made some salt-dough ornaments that I found from Pinterest.
It was super simple and it was only 2 ingredients and the boys LOVED it.
Win for all!
 
 
You need:
 
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Salt
1/2 cup Water
 
Mix it all up in a bowl.
Spread out on the table and cut with cookie cutters.
Use a straw to poke a little hole in the top for a ribbon to hang on the tree.
Put in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until they are hard.
 
 
After nap time we painted them with finger paint that we already had.
The boys really love painting and Karson especially was soo proud of his work!
 
 
The boys did lots of animal cut outs that we had from our playdoh collection. I also had them each do a hand print one and it is so sweet and I plan to do one every year.
 
 
I painted them so the hand prints would stand out more. I also tied a pretty ribbon through the hole and hung it on my tree. The boys put theirs on their little tree in the toy room. I will forever cherish these hand prints.
 
I have lots of posts to catch up on, but time is flying by!
 
Hoping for a better behaved week from my two rotten boys :)

No comments: