Friday, August 17, 2012

Show us your Life: Porches

I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner today on "Show us your Life: Porches". I decided to share a few pictures of our front and back porches with you guys. If you are new to our blog we just built our house last summer and moved in last December. We still have a lot of work to do and no grass :( That will be our big project this fall.

My fern have gotten super big this year! I don't do anything special to them besides lots of water and miracle grow every other month. I've heard you can put epson salt (sp) on them and they will get HUGE but I have never tried that.


We really enjoy porch swinging. We have these rocking chairs and our porch swing.


I love making wreaths! It is one of my favorite things to do. However, I have learned that with our new white door the grapevine wreaths are not good for it. I had my 4th of July wreath that was made from grapevine up for a few weeks and it made like brown marks all over my door? I was worried it would ruin so I have to stick with other types of wreaths. This is a berry wreath I made.

I picked up the country stars that are in ferns at a country store in our area.

The front view of our house.

The back of our house.

There are some things I would like to add but it is fine for now. We eventually want to build a big back deck outside for more space for chairs and entertainment area.

We eat out at our table alot. It is super nice to sit outside and eat together. Our house is in the country so it's just woods, chickens, deer, to look at. Which is awesome!


Thanks for stopping by for the "Show us your Life: Porches"








No comments: