Monday, November 7, 2011

Patience

Here goes my first "honest" post. I have really been struggling with having patience. There are many things in my life right now that require ALOT of patience. One being mothering two boys. Another being the construction of a new home. There has not been one week since the ground breaking that I haven't lost my patience over the house. These five months have been super stressful. I have found some good research on what the bible says about patience.


Found from: http://www.access-jesus.com/

"Patience is essential to our salvation. The Bible says that hope is needed to be patience. For Christians it is our hope in Jesus Christ that brings patience. If we have no hope, we have no need for patience. Patience is also closely aligned with love as well as hope. Love is full of patience and hope. Just as God is a God of love, He desires for us to love Him as well as others. With God being a God of love, He is also patient. God is patiently waiting on us to come around to His way of thinking. Patience is essential to our salvation. Once we accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, patience is required to enable us to maintain our hope in God's promises and to keep Jesus as the Lord of our lives."

I have really tried to remember that not everything has to be done "right now" and things will get done when the time is right. I feel that patience is a hard thing for every mother. I am praying for more patience in this season of my life.
Speaking of patience, how hard is it to get good pictures of the boys now days? HAHA! Here are a few that I got the other day. Wish I could just bottle them up on this day. They were so perfect!

Probably my favorite picture of the day. Kipton is easier to take pictures of but he doesn't give me the smiles that Karson can.



Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land. Psalm 37:7-9



My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.James 1:19-20


Just for my reminder: Kipton 15 months - Karson 32 months

No comments: