Sunday, October 30, 2011

House Update

Just wanted to write a little about the house so I will remember what was going on in October 2011.
The drywallers were working for about a week and 1/2. While they were hanging drywall, mudding, and finishing it, Russ was putting in the heating/air-conditioning unit and the duckwork under the house.

We decided to change the heating unit at the last minute. We found a more efficient unit for the same price so we decided to go with that. I think it will be better in the long run and save us a lot of money on our monthly bills. So happy for our change.

Then this past week the crew painted the entire house. I decided to just paint it all white and then later once I am in the house I will decide on colors. I was just too afraid that if I made those choices now I would regret them later once the furniture and pictures were hung.

Kevin being......"KEVIN" always a jokester. Sometimes I get really upset with Kevin because he is not "serious" enough. But I think that God really put us together for a reason. Without his sense of humor and whit I might be even more of a serious person. I am so thankful for my husband.

I know these pictures are too exciting. This is my dad and kevin again finishing the water & gas line. It took them almost 5 days. They had to run the line 1200 feet. That is A LONG WAY!! Then Kevin went behind and burried it all with a shovel. They ended up just hitting my parents sewer tank which is bad but not as bad as hitting the main water/gas lines. They were able to fix it fast and not cause any damage or extra money.

We have the floor guys coming on Monday. They will be laying the tile, hardwood, and carpet in the bedrooms. I am so excited I can't stand it. I am ready to be decorating and cleaning! (I know sounds odd)

We are hoping just 3 more weeks. It looks like our Thanksgiving dinner MIGHT be in our new home. But I'm sure it won't be all organized by then but that's just fine with me.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.


 

No comments: