Sunday, December 16, 2018

Picture Perfect

On Thanksgiving, we gathered at my parent's home with all of my family and my sister's family. She has invested in a nice camera and wanted to take some pictures of everyone. 

It was a chilly day. 

We rushed out the front door into the yard to capture our lives at this time. I don't know about you, but in the moment taking pictures of the whole family can seem unpleasant at times. Getting everyone settled, and situated. Getting them to look at the camera, and smile. Making noise so the baby will look the way of the camera. Making sure we aren't slouching, and that we semi match. Finding the best backdrop with nothing in view but nature, etc, etc. We try so hard to make it picture perfect. 


After getting finished with picture taking, the children have had enough. They wanted to play after all. So running about they went. Playing ball outside, and running here and there around the yard with cousins. 

When the time comes to view your pictures, isn't it always fun to see what was captured? In the moment I thought there is not going to be one decent picture for my home. 

What I really should have said was "this isn't going to be picture perfect". I was reminded by my husband who is Mr. Laid Back that it doesn't always have to be picture perfect. He said "Stacy, they are children who want to play. Yes, they should listen and obey when told to look the cameras way, but boys especially do not want to sit all day playing smile to the camera". I huffed and walked off. You see, growing up as a girly girl with just a sister we loved to pose and smile for the camera. How could anyone not like this I thought. But after thinking over and over about what my patient and loving husband had said.....he was exactly right. It doesn't always have to be picture perfect. 

Not this picture, nor our lives. If I was being honest I would say I strive to have perfection in a lot of areas in my life. But why? It is something I have asked God for help with. I don't need the most clean home, or the best cooked meals every night. My children don't need a mother who is looking her best 24/7 or shopping for the best and most fashionable clothes for everyone. They need time with me. 

Time is the best gift I could give them. My time in listening, talking, praying with. Being picture perfect is not what God has called me to be.

Instead he has called me to be a wife and mother. Not picture perfect. 

“I believe women come nearer fulfilling their God-given function in the home than anywhere else.
It is a much nobler thing to be a good wife than to be Miss America.
It is a greater achievement to establish a Christian home than it is to produce a second-rate novel filled with filth.
It is a far, far better thing in the realm of morals to be old-fashioned than to be ultramodern.
The world has enough women who know how to hold their cocktails, who have lost all their illusions and their faith.
The world has enough women who know how to be smart.
It needs women who are willing to be simple.
The world has enough women who know how to be brilliant. It needs some who will be brave.
The world has enough women who are popular. It needs more who are pure.
We need woman, and men, too, who would rather be morally right that socially correct.”
-Peter Marshall, 1942

9 comments:

Joanne said...

As a mom of 3 boys myself I can totally relate and while it does get easier as they get older my boys still hate having their picture taken and we rarely get a family photo of us all!

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

Stacy, what a beautiful heart felted post. Capturing "life" photo's are the best kind. This one of Kase covering his face is so very precious. I totally agree, God called us just to be there in their little lives daily. Hugs, Sweet Friend.

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
Congratulations on your new baby boy!
Your family is lovely.
And I cannot agree more with this post.
I used to fret about so many things, and looking back, I realize how much time I wasted!
Now, I am able to BE in the moment, without striving for perfection.
Have a cozy week, and a blessed Christmas!

4sonsfarmhouse said...

Thank you so much for your thoughts. I totally understand about boys taking pictures :)

4sonsfarmhouse said...

You are the sweetest most pure lady who I look up to greatly. Blessings Teresa!!

4sonsfarmhouse said...

Thank you!!!!!! We sure do love him!!! Thank you for stopping by and I wish you a Merry Christmas as well :)

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

Awww, thank you Stacy. You are so sweet!

Madonaldo said...

Do you have the following issues contact Priest Mandaker for the best solution.
* Is your love falling apart?
* Do you want your love to grow stronger?
* Is your partner loosing interest in you?
Priest Mandaker Alamun can help you perform the following spells
*  Fast Working Love Spell
* Make The One I Love, Love Me Back Spell
* Break Up Spells
*  Heal My Broken Heart Spells
*  Binding Love Spells
* Commitment Love Spells
*  Marriage Love Spells
* Friend Become My Lover Spells
* Powerful Love Binding Spells
* Can’t Live Without You Love Spells
*  Kiss & Make Up Love Spell this is designed to reunite lovers
* Good Luck Attraction Spell
* Stop Arguments Spell
* Return Your Ex-Lover now spell
* Have Him / Her Desire You spell
* Keep Your Lover Faithful spell
* Attract Your Soul Mate spell
* Break Them Up Break Up And Return Your Lover spell
* Keep Us Together Forever spell
* Protection And Cleansing spell
* Make Me Irresistible spell
* Click this link witch-doctor.page4.me
* Witchhealing@outlook.com

Tucker Conrad said...

A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542