Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Our Garden 2018


I am seeing so many blogs having updates on their garden progress. I want to share with you what we have chosen to do this year. 

For the past few years our boys have really enjoyed going to our local farmers market. They have talked to us about the business side of it, and want to contribute to that. So in an effort to help their endeavors, we planted two gardens this year. We are hoping that the second garden will be for them to sell at the farmer's market. Mostly in that garden is a lot of corn, and potatoes. 
In our other garden are plants that will be processed for our family to eat. We have potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, green peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, banana peppers, strawberries, and zinnia flowers for decoration. One of our favorite things to do in the summer is work in the garden. It brings so much satisfaction to see the fruit of your labor. Or in this case, vegetables :)

Our boys all take turns watering the garden each evening if we've not had any rain. 

Our weather is looking good for the garden this week. 84 and raining for about the next 6 days or so. Every time it rains, our trees and garden looks so much more green than the day before. Ohh how I love this time of year!

The grass is growing so fast! I have been mowing it with our push mower, and our oldest son who is 9 helps me with the weedeating. However, with so much land this is proving to be quite the task to keep up with. Every other evening we are mowing or weedeating some area on the property. I was sure thankful to see the rain for the next week so we can get a little rest for now. I'm sure when this rain is over, we will surely have our work cut out for us. 



I hope your getting some rain where you are so your not watering so much.

Rain is always a blessing and a curse.


5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

I love your garden plans!
And as you said, the rain is indeed bringing so much green to our world.
We are attempting a little garden on our deck this year.
I know next to nothing about it, but we are giving it a go!
Have a cozy evening. : )

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

I love your garden ideas. Slow down and take care of yourself.
Talk to you soon.

4sonsfarmhouse said...

Thank you both for your comments! :) Have a blessed week.

Unknown said...

Beautifull flower in this garden.I Like Rose flowermy best choise flower.I've online searching luggage bag
purchase more flower pic storing them.

Tucker Conrad said...

A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542