Monday, August 14, 2017

Finding Inspiration

Image Map
It has been a while since I have written. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe lack of knowing what to share, or lack of time. Either way, I have come today almost two months later to write a bit.

I have been thinking lately, about how us moms struggle. I talk with my friends and fellow mothers along my week and many struggle. Some with parenting, marriage, money, time, and decisions. When you are struggling, where do you turn?

I have asked myself this question many times. Where am I turning when I am needing inspiration or an uplift? Is it the right place to turn?

Parenting is always training in process. I feel like we are all in training. Not just our 22 month old son, but all three boys and even my husband and I. With parenting you have to continually change and try new things with each child.

This summer I have struggled in a few different areas, and I have turned to three different things.  

#1. My bible.

I look up verses that I have become very familiar with that uplift and give me hope. Training these children will get easier someday soon. The Lord gives us hope and purpose in mothering. We can turn to his word to find uplifting and inspirational stories and scriptures.


"Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
(Matthew 11:28)


#2. Good Christian Books.

I have read a few great books this summer that give me inspiration in mothering and home life. I wanted to share them with you. I hope that maybe you will find encouragement in them as well. I got both of them from Amazon for under $6.



#3 Fellow Moms

This is a bit tricky. I have found that sometimes when asking for advice from other moms, you may get answer that you aren't looking for or even some bad advice. I pick my advice carefully. I don't want to bring even more struggle into my mind so I am careful where I ask. Do you have a great friend that shares your same lifestyle? I know that if I am struggling in the area of housework, I shouldn't ask a mother who also struggles in this area. Or if I am struggling with my boys, I should go to a mom friend who also raises boys and not just a home full of girls. Does this make sense? This is something I have learned along the way. It brings me great joy to find others who are also in my same season of life.


I hope these thoughts have been somewhat of a blessing to you.

Blessings,

Stacy

3 comments:

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Hello there! I do understand the difficulties that come inherent with parenting, and you said it so well - with each child there are differences in parenting. I found that to be so true in my own two children. While we teach our children basic principles in life, I found that ways to discipline, challenge, and encourage each child was different in method, but our principles always stayed the same. I found this a true line to guide our direction upon. I have found that sometimes the best support can be found in one area you didn't mention, your husband. Many times I would be at my wits end, not knowing what to do, and a quiet talk with my husband, and a simple word or two from him would almost always be the key to unlock the door I was facing. I absolutely agree with you that the WORD of God is our anchor and place to go for direction, focus, and wisdom. And yes, getting advice from other friends can be tricky, I agree. I had a dear old friend who had raised 10 children, and had seen it all. She once told me after I had shared some things with my children, to go and find someone worse off than me, and help them. That was her advice! Well, I tried it, and it was the most wise piece of advice I could have ever had. It seems when we take our minds off our problems, to help someone else, that does something with our focus, and the Lord always comes through to help us through it. Dear friend... treasure these moments with your children... someday they will just be memories... my kids are now in college, and it still amazes me how fast the time flew by. Hugs to you today!

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

I love this heart felt post, I am not sure how I miss this one?
There is a book for raising boys written by James Dodson title "bringing up boys".
My daughter is raising two boys, and she has read this book. Both you and your husband should read this.
I struggle with housework from time to time, not sure why I do? All I know to do is take it all to the Lord in prayer and share your heart with your husband as well.

Hugs
Teresa

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

Oh yes, I love your new blog look *- (wink)