Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Peeks from our home

We've had a lot of rain this spring here in West Virginia. Our grass is green and the garden is growing great. 

I thought I would show you some peeks from around our homestead. 

Look at the beautiful sky. 

Our front porch. My favorite place to be.

My calla lilies have bloomed beautiful this year. They came in full and stocky. 


The day lilies also came in strong. They bring such good color to our landscaping. I enjoy them every year. 


One of my new favorite things about our homestead is my clothesline. Kevin kept asking me what I would like for my birthday and I said I've really always wanted a clothesline. 
It is very therapeutic. I love going out to hang. The clothes smell wonderful and they are so straight. No ironing needed after the wind and sun dry them. I fold them as I'm taking them down and put them into a little bag and bring them in to separate. It's been such a fun adventure!

For Mothers Day the boys asked what I would like and of course I said nothing. They kept asking and after much convincing I said I would like a bird feeder. They got me the cutest one at Tractor Supply. It looks like a little white church. 

The funny part is, is that these two cardinals sit there together like an old married couple. They are our favorite customers to the "bird restaurant" :) 


We have enjoyed watching them from the front porch.

The hen you see has realized there is bird seed on the ground below. Such smart creatures!! 

No comments: