Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Discouraged

"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving." -Colossians 4:2

I use this blog for ME more than anything. I don't have time to write in a journal or much in the boys baby books about every tiny detail so this is my way to remember times as we go through this season of raising small children. I'm not really worried about the amount of peole who read this blog, it is mainly for ME and someday for my children to read.

Therefore, I have to admit the bad and the good. I have been super discouraged. I have been praying, praying, praying harder than I ever have before. It feels like when I get on the path of discouragement I can't get off for a few days/week. Kevin is probably writing me off to go to the nut house at this point because I worry and dwell so much on my children and when there is a rough patch.

Karson (our oldest son 3) is having a hard time leaving us me. Church drop offs, and the start of preschool last week has been a total nightmare. I am praying for God to help him though this time of being apart from me. I have read and researched and trialed and error how to make it better for him. I feel like a failure as a mom, but I also know this is normal and eventually it will get better.

 
 
Have your child ever had a hard time leaving your side? How did you deal with it?
 
“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."
 
Matthew 6:25

No comments: