Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fishermen

 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." - Matthew 4:19


Karson is definitely taking after his daddy in the fact that he LOVES fishing. He carries his fishing pole around all day we are home (outside) just waiting for Kevin to get home from work. Normally I will take him to a little creek by our house. But, his daddy is the apple of his eye! He LOVES spending alone time with Kevin especially going fishing.


I am pretty certain that Kevin is in love with the age Karson is. 3 years old is so fun, but can be so hard! We are challenged everyday as parents to discipline with his future in mind. To teach him the right and the wrong, so that one day when he is out in the "real world" he will do right.

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."
  Proverbs 22:6


Even though I am not much on fishing, I will of course take Karson as many times as we can. I think it teaches children many things.

  • Patience

  • Work ethic (Working for your end result)

  • Quiet/Peaceful time

  • Hand/Eye Coordination

  • Bonding time (one on one)
      There are many more benefits that go along with fishing. I think it is especially awesome to have    that father/son/grandfather relationship time. I know in time Kipton will also love fishing because he loves anything that his big brother is doing.


Is there a sport/activity that your son/daughter really likes to do with their dad/grandpa?

I hope Karson continues his love for fishing. It is so fun to see his eyes light up when he reels in a big fish.

 

No comments: