Saturday, December 24, 2011

Family Time

Read: John 1:19-28

It’s easy to pass by the manger scene without giving it any thought. All we see is a small human baby lying in a manger. But this Baby is the mighty God who created all the heavens and the earth. His mother feeds Him and changes His diapers, but He provides food for all His creatures and holds all the stars in place. His foster-father Joseph guards His life, but He commands the wind and the waves.

As this small Baby grows to manhood this same wonder continues. He who formed the mountains and valleys learns to be a carpenter in Joseph’s shop. He, who spread out the galaxies in the universe, walks from place to place teaching and proclaiming God’s Kingdom to all. He, who commands all the forces of nature, surrenders Himself to be arrested, beaten, whipped and nailed to a cross. And it is through His bitter suffering and death He wins our pardon, forgiveness and peace.


Why did He do it all? Why did He set aside His majesty, glory and power and come to live in our world? He did it because of His intense dedication to His Father, who loved the world so much He gave His only-begotten Son to save us, and because of His own undying love for you and for all people.

Our Savior still comes to us in the same quiet, mysterious way today. He invites you to His Church this weekend where you will hear His ancient Word and learn more about Him who gave His all for you. There He will prepare you to celebrate His birth with a profound joy, peace and hope next weekend.

A Daily Devotional from http://www.aroundc3.com/

Just wanted to write down some things so I will remember how life was like with a 2.5 year old and 17 month old. Last night we went to our church's Christmas EVE EVE service. It was awesome!!! I had everyone dressed up and we took some pictures before we headed out. I am so thankful that we spent the money last Christmas on a nice camera that will take good pictures with a self timer. I don't think we would ever have a nice picture if not. We haven't had pictures taken professionally all year because I can do them myself.



Even though the night did not go as planned it was still a great night with our family of four. I fixed a little dinner because I didn't want to mess up the kitchen. (I know sounds lazy) but I was going to be up cooking a bunch of candies and casseroles and didn't want an even bigger mess of dinner so I fixed sloppy joes and french fries. Well...NO ONE would eat it. Imagine that! We are having a very hard time with dinners right now especially with Karson. He has always been one to eat really good but for some reason we aren't having much luck. A stage I guess? So on our way to church at 6:45 we are feeding the boys in the car McDonald's chicken nuggets and apples. I sound like a horrible mom but they were hungry then and it was getting later and later and I did not want them to be hungry at church. To my surprise they both ate their entire meal! Kevin said maybe we should do that more often.

While we are in the car Karson says he has to pee. We are on the interstate so I say "Just wait until we get to church we are almost there!" So he says okay and never mentions it again. We get to church and Kevin gets Karson out and his entire seat and outfit is soaked with pee! He has been potty trained since he was 27 months and hasn't had many accidents since. I only had an extra pair of sweats in my bag so he got to wear a t-shirt and sweats to church. NICE!!!! I was super upset but I guess there is no reason. He has just as much fun playing with is pals.
After church we went to Kevin's parents house since we were in South Point and the boys played and played with their cousin. They had such a great time and we didn't even leave until 10pm which is WAY past their bedtimes. They held up so well and had such a good time playing. I thought Kipton looked super cute! He is at a stage now where he is so loving and sweet and so good. It has taken him his full 17 months to be this way. HAHA! He has been such a high maintenance baby and  I'm glad he is giving me a little break right now. 


By the time we got home and got baths it was 11:00 that the boys were going to bed. Besides the dinner in the car, the peeing on the outfit, the boys were so good. I am so lucky and undeserving to be their mommy.

 I am so lucky to spend so much time with them and have such a hard working husband who allows me to stay with them. I am so blessed this Christmas and ALL the rest of the year. I am not taking ANYTHING for granted! I am forever grateful for our SAVIOR for giving me all that I have.


Hope everyone has a great Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas DAY!!

*Remember the REASON for the SEASON*

No comments: