Friday, February 20, 2015

A Peak into Our Week

This week has been crazy! (weather wise)

I do enjoy the snow. It's been beautiful to look at. However, after 6 days inside the house you have played every board game, read every book, played with every toy and you grow weary with spring ever coming. 

School was cancelled all week (Monday-Friday) 

I know two little boys who haven't even asked about school.

They have really enjoyed looking outside each morning to see what God has brought.

All in all we ended up with 12 inches here in the country, and 6 more is to come this weekend. 


We have really enjoyed the slow mornings. I think that is what I miss most about being home. A nice slow, but big breakfast. Time spent in my chair reading, and thinking about what God has done for us as a family.



We had Kevin home with us for two days this week. He is so good at making gravy. Not me. I have tried with no luck. Mine is very runny. His is just right. 



We have made lots of crafts pertaining to winter. This mom/teacher is full of ideas with boredom hits. 


We have made HUGE strides with Karson's reading. He can now read a Biscuit book (Level 1 reader) and it's so fun to watch him read. 

Last night it got down to -15. It was really fine in our house though. I am thankful for a husband who went over every single door and window while he was off to make sure no leaky air was coming through.


Both boys have had colds/sickness. I look forward to Spring so much.

I have been using my Doterra oils every day to help with sickness. I will do a post about them soon.

I really recommend you doing some research on them. I am not one to push things on others or sell things, but I really believe this is something every mother should invest in. 

Hope your staying warm!

No comments: