Saturday, May 24, 2014

Comparison

Karson is an official preschool graduate! He had his last day this past Thursday. It felt like yesterday that he was standing in front of our front door for his 1st day in 4 year old preschool. He has really grown!


This comparison is from last year. It is from his 3 year old year in preschool. The 3 year old year was much harder than his 4 year old year. He had a lot of separation anxiety to get over, and being a worrier didn't help matters. I am so thankful we choose to get him in preschool that 3 year old year as well to help him be in a better place for Kindergarten. We have been at his preschool both years just 2 mornings a week from 9-12. It has really been a perfect situation for us all. A little time away from home, but not too much. 


Friday: May 23rd he had his little graduation program. As I took his picture out front before we left, I was reminded I did this exact same picture just a year before. Time flies, seriously! So fast!

                                                   2013                                            2014

If you can tell, the picture on the right was this year and he has his hand in the right place. Boy, we have come a long way! He has gained knowledge, maturity, and friendship along the way these past two years. We still have many things to work on this summer, but I feel like we have a pretty strong hold on going into Kindergarten in August. I know that Kindergarten is something everyone goes through. However, I am TERRIFIED of Kindergarten. Yes you read that right. I have a teaching degree, but am TERRIFIED! I am just not ready, but I'm pretty sure he is. It's not about the educational part, but the time spent away from our home. I pray for him daily, that it goes smoothly and he will keep to his ways that we have taught him.

I am praying for strength for me this summer as well. To be able to teach and speak love, patience, importance, manners, and respect into him as much as I possibly can. 

2 comments:

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

Stacy, what precious sons you have.
Looking forward to getting to know you. WV is a beautiful place to live.

Kelley said...

You are such a wonderful mother. I admire the "work" you put into their education and most importantly values. He'll do great in school!