Monday, January 27, 2014

Weekend Recap!

Kevin and I were in a wedding for our friends Erin and Josh. Our boys were also in the wedding as the sign holders. (Here comes the Bride) It was a long day for a 3 year old, but we got through. During the wedding Kipton wouldn't stay seated and at one point he was laying on the stage beside me picking his nose. Eeek! All of my good pictures are on my big camera and it won't load onto my computer. Hopefully I'll get them up soon.


After the actual ceremony, my parents came and picked up the boys and took them home. It was nice to have some alone time with Kevin. We got to enjoy the reception and then dinner after. 


It's soo nice to get that alone time with your husband. I really need to make it more of a priority to have date nights. I think it's crucial for a marriage to bloom when you have kids. 


Other than the wedding, the boys and I enjoyed the days leading up to it. We went to Chick fil a for lunch and playtime. It has either been very cold or the roads have been super icy so we've been at home much more than I prefer. 


One day I was so desperate to get us out of the house, I braved a movie trip. This was actually their first trip to the movies. I've always been too worried they wouldn't sit still so we've just never tried. My boys aren't big TV watchers at home and normally watch about the first 30 minutes and then walk off. But, I braved it alone with the boys and much to my surprise they didn't move. We saw Frozen and they loved it! Or they loved the popcorn but either way they didn't move. (Kip didn't want to take off his coat) 


Other than that, we've been home trying to keep busy. You know, just acting like deer. 

School is canced again today for the very cold temperatures. 


1 comment:

Kelley said...

What a fun weekend! You're right about making time for just you and your husband but it's so hard when they are so young. My boys have seen Frozen and loved it too ;)