Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New House Update

I am so happy to have this blog to update the new house progress.
I don't think I would be able to write it all down and get all the pictures printed out
as fast as things are happening.

Here's what is going on:

The roof is on and the shingles should be put on this week.
The whole inside of the house is all framed up.
There are 4 windows on the front of the house plus the big front door but
that hasn't been cut out yet.
8/14/11

Side of the house - 2 more windows to be cut out.

Kevin and my Dad have been working VERY long hours. They have been putting in the gas and water line.It has to be ran 1200 feet which is a LONG way. They have dug the hard part of the ditch with a excavator because it was in a creek bed and very rocky. They had to put the water and gas line in this padding where it was going to be in the creek and meet all the requirements from the gas and water company. It sure has been a big job for them. We have been up to see their progress and bring them drinks and food. Thankfully it has been cooler weather and it hasn't been so hard on them. Karson of course is very interested in the "pipe" work that Daddy and Papaw are doing. Just one more step towards our dream home.

I wish I would've taken a picture of what I've been doing besides chasing the boys.
While the boys nap at my moms I have been mowing and weed eating the land by the house.
4 acres is a lot more to mow than just our backyard that we have now. It sure will be a job to do each week once we move there. But that is the fun in country life I guess. You are never bored and there is always some kind of work to do. Then shortly the boys will be old enough to help us out with the farming chores.

That's all for now. Hope to get some pictures this week of SHINGLES and
even some windows being hung up!!

No comments: